As a trans-affirming therapist you recognize the importance of creating a space in which your gender questioning, transgender, and nonbinary clients feel validated, seen, and respected. Yet the question lingers...
"Am I missing opportunities to create a more inclusive and affirming environment for these individuals?"
Oversight of this critical component of trans-affirming therapy can lead to:
- Unintentional ostracization of a potential client even before the first appointment is made
- Misattunement during sessions following the use of marginalizing language (aka microaggressions)
- Abrupt termination of therapy as a result of inattention to what makes a trans-affirming experience for a client
In this course you will be guided, step-by-step, as to how you can intentionally create a more inclusive and affirming environment for these individuals by addressing the following areas of your business:
Creating a supportive and inclusive environment takes conscious effort, practice, and commitment. As you explore each of the steps presented in this course, you'll be empowered as to how you can:
- Evaluate each of these areas in their current state
- Note the ways in which improvement is needed
- Take action steps to implement these changes
The more aware and experienced mental health providers there are available to the those who are gender questioning, transgender, and nonbinary, the more likely these individuals will find the support and encouragement they so very much need and deserve.
Become a part of this expanding community of passionately engaged trans-affirming therapists. Join therapist, author, and educator Dara Hoffman-Fox, LPC for this timely, easy-to-follow, information-packed course.